Sunday, September 2, 2012

Love Letters from Ladybug Farm ~ Review

Title: Love Letters from Ladybug Farm
Author: Donna Ball
Source: Library

Goodreads Summary:

Love is in the air in this delightful novel-third in the bestselling Ladybug Farm series from award-winning author Donna Ball. 

Renovating a broken-down mansion in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley gave three lifelong friends a welcome second chance. But after taking the biggest risk of their lives, are these women also willing to risk their hearts?

All the effort Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget have put into transforming an historic but overgrown farm into an upscale winery and special events business is paying off-Ladybug Farm has been chosen to host a society wedding. What this really means is that they are about to be invaded by warring mothers-in-law, a Bridezilla, and a completely clueless groom. They have their hands full keeping Ladybug Farm from descending into total chaos.

But there's something about a wedding...


My thoughts:

This book was fun for me to read not only because I really enjoy this series, but because my family has three weddings this fall: my husband's brother is getting married in September, my brother is getting married in November, and then my cousin is also getting married in November.  There is a lot of wedding planning going on, so it was kind of neat to read this book right now. Thank god all the brides in my family are happy and fun brides - not Bridezillas!! 

This book was a little different from the previous two.  Before the focus of the book was on getting the farm in order and fixing the house, and the history of the house.  This time the book shifts to what they are all doing to keep the house solvent and pay their bills.  They end of hosting a wedding, that goes very awry, despite all the careful planning and attention to detail.  It was good to remember that no matter what you think you are prepared for, you are not ~ it is best to remember the important part of a wedding is not the actual wedding or reception, its the marriage itself.  

It is also a little different because the ladies of Ladybug Farm find themselves in relationships.  It was adorable.  The end however surprised me!  

As always though with this series, they were fun, easy, escape from stress and life books.  All you have to do is fall into their world in Shenandoah on Ladybug Farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.