Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date 

It's been a crazy two weeks! Finals, appointments, and then today was the grand finale, my son's baptism. He and my niece were both baptized today, and it was very nice. And we got to eat cake from two delicious cakes. Wyatt's was lemon custard and my niece's was strawberry lemon. Yum! It was such a weird Michigan day - sunny and bright and snowing. Wyatt slept through the entire ceremony. He was awake before, and awake after, but during..sound asleep! School's out, and I decided to take the summer semester off - I made Dean's List for getting a 4.0 both fall and winter semester so I am giving myself a break. Woohoo! I am looking forward to some quieter days and nights with my family, lots of walks and flowers and gardens and play dates and reading. 




Read Last Week and the Week Before:




Nightshift by Charlaine Harris: Another find at the library. I am not sure why I like this series so much, but I do! Lol. There is just something about it, about the characters that interests me. 

Accidentally Hers by Jamie Beck: My friend Mary picked this for our book club book. A fun and quick light read - just what I needed this past week.

Riverbend Road by RaeAnne Thayne: I figured I was already on the romance train so why not stay on it? I am a fan of the Haven Point series - I like it because the town isn't perfect. At least not yet. It's a little down on its luck but getting better all the time.

Reading This Week:

I almost feel like I shouldn't post anything here! Every time I do, I deviate wildly. Especially since I am going to the library either tomorrow or Tuesday. So, I list these books as choices with the option to change my mind. Lol.


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Lowcountry Boneyard by Susan M. Boyer

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick

Watching:

Game of Thrones! I also think we are going to catch up on some other shows - The 100, Outlander in particular. We saved some for the summer. 

Posted Last Week:







12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sons baptism! What an exciting day! And also for your 4.0... taking the summer off seems like a good reward. :) Did you see Game of Thrones tonight? And The 100 is getting crazy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so looking forward to no classes for a few months! We will catch up on GOT tonight - we are always a day behind with it. :( My husband is chomping at the bit to get started on The 100 too! Glad to hear it is exciting!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah....I can't plan my reading, I'm like a magpie sometimes, always drawn to a shiny new-to-me book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! :) My husband calls me a magpie because I am easily distracted as well. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh nice to put your study aside for a little while and relax a bit. Great baptism cake! Lots of great looking books too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very exciting! I am looking forward to a great summer. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your son's baptism! How wonderful that he could share it with his cousin. Unfortunately it snowed here, too... guess Mid-May is still fair game. You definitely deserve to take the summer off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty nice that they could share the day - they are so cute with each other! This crazy weather!! Today is warm and sunny, I hope you are enjoying the same!

      Delete
  5. I'm actually in the process of listening to the entire Throne of Glass series. Finishing up Crown of Midnight today actually on the way home from work. Such a great writer. Thanks for sharing! Have a nice week.
    Laura
    My post is at http://goo.gl/mGekrX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a good series - my husband listened to it too, and really liked it!

      Delete
  6. What a great cake; I love its simplicity and oh boy do I love lemony desserts. Glad you and your loved ones had a beautiful, joyous day. And damn, you go girl on making the Dean's List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I wanted something springy and cheery and sunny, like Wyatt. :) Lemon is my favorite, and it just seemed to be perfect with such a happy cake. :) And thanks Stefanie!

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.