Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date 

Finals week! A week left of classes, basically, then I am taking the summer off. I loved my archaeology class so much that I am taking two more in the fall, even though this is very impractical and has nothing to do with my degree. No matter though, I am doing it anyway! 

Read Last Week:

I didn't read either of my planned books because I went to the library and picked up one I couldn't put down. I was also all about the Swedish authors last week. Oo maybe this is what I can call a random swede about! Books!

  

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katrina Bivald: I loved loved loved this book!!!! Interestingly, I started this a long time ago as an ebook from NetGalley, and I hated it! However, in actual physical book form, I couldn't stop reading. It is definitely one of the best books I have read this year. 


The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts by Maja Safstrom: I got this from Blogging for Books and I really enjoyed it as well. Quick, interesting read with fun, quirky illustrations. 

Reading this Week:

If this comes in from the library, I am planning to read it. We shall see though, since I have not been good at keeping on plan. 


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: I have heard good things about this - my husband listened to it and loved it!

Watching:

Game of Thrones (yay!), The Ranch (finished it - we need more episodes!), Outsiders, and for class we watched the Nova episode The Ghosts of Machu Picchu and The History Channel's Digging for the Truth: Passage to the Maya Underworld. Both were excellent, although the History Channel piece was not very academically rooted. It was very entertaining, and there was some merit to it. You can watch the Machu Picchu show on Amazon and the Mayan show is on YouTube in three parts. 


So, what's been going on with you? 

9 comments:

  1. I always liked archaeology, as a kid I wanted to do that but of course I didn't lol. I can see where learning more about it would be fasinating though.

    Did you see Game of Thrones tonight? Whoa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that amazing that you couldn't get into it in ebook form but loved it in book form. Just timing I guess. Love hearing the enthusiasm for it. Hmm sounds like you might want to get more into archaeology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Court of Thorns and Roses is a good one! :) I hope you really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live by my plan (Most of the time) and haven't been hijacked by a book for a while. It might be nice to be spontaneous once in a while. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to read Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend. Some books, especially about books, just read better on the physical page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also only got 1 week left but it's got 2 exams in it so I'm slightly terrified about it. I'd love to take an Archaeology class, I really wanted to be an archaeologist for so long. And I loved 'The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend' as well, it's such a good read!! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great next week!
    My Monday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I love the idea of calling up a random Swede and asking for book reviews. I'd love someone to do that to me, we'd have a great conversation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The format in which you read a book can greatly determine how your reading experience will go - it's not something you'd think of, but definitely true.

    Despite the classes having nothing to do with your degree, it's great to immerse yourself in learning something just for the fun of it.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tween learned about the Mayans earlier this year as they're studying ancient civilizations in 6th grade. I love archaeology too. The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley has a bit of it in it. I really liked that book. Congrats on almost finishing up this semester. And kudos to you on juggling school and a baby.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.