Thursday, October 20, 2016

R.I.P. Review: And The Trees Crept In



R.I.P. is hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings every Halloween....Read at your own peril!


Goodreads Summary:

Stay away from the woods…

When Silla and Nori arrive at their aunt’s home, it’s immediately clear that the manor is cursed. The endless creaking of the house at night and the eerie stillness of the woods surrounding them would be enough of a sign, but there are secrets too—questions that Silla can’t ignore: Why does it seem that, ever since they arrived, the trees have been creeping closer? Who is the beautiful boy who’s appeared from the woods? And who is the tall man with no eyes who Nori plays with in the basement at nigh…a man no one else can see?
 

My Thoughts:

It is very rare that I say this, but I didn't like this book. The cover is awesome, and it had an interesting premise, but..I didn't like it. I thought it was a little boring, and I didn't care for the all the different stylized fonts. It felt gimmicky. I wish this story had been tweaked just a little more, and then I think I would have liked it. It was almost, almost there. I don't really have much to say about it, other than I think there was a lot going on, yet nothing going on, all at the same time.



   

3 comments:

  1. Aw, boo. Kudos to you for even sticking the whole book out! Started following you on IG ^__^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the second review I've seen recently for this book and it's the second negative review. I doubt I will be picking this one up as it doesn't sound like something I would enjoy at all. :(

    Hope your next reads have been better!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.