Monday, October 10, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

Oh my goodness, last week was a whirl of stuff to do. By contrast though, this week is pretty lightly scheduled - yay! I don't even have much homework, which is unbelievable - but I am not complaining!

Wyatt, my stepmom, and I went on a hayride last week. It was one of those gorgeous fall days, and we enjoyed the sun and breezes.


Read Last Week:

 

The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine: Three short stories revolving around the big Halloween party held at the cottage every year. It was a fun read.

And the Trees Crept In: I finished this book, but I didn't like it. :( It was just kind of boring. Or at least to me it was. It had an ok premise but overall just didn't do it for me.

Reading This Week:


The Perfect Girl: This came in for me from my library holds list - I haven't started it yet but it sounds good!

Posted Last Week:

Book Review: Menagerie by Rachel Vincent

Watching:

American Horror Story, Scream Queens (love this show!), while I wait impatiently for The Walking Dead.










11 comments:

  1. The Hay ride sounds fun. I miss those days when there were school field trips to the pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun little hay ride. :) It was nice to share the day with my stepmom too. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh the Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine looks good. Is it scary?

    I just finished Luke Cage (okay, not great) and I'm thinking of starting Scream the series? I don't know...

    Did you see the new S7 promo for The Walking Dead? Yikes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! It was a total straight up romance though. I was expecting a little more Halloween out of it, based on that great cover, but it was three short stories of romance and sexytimes.

      I couldn't finish Luke Cage! My husband is, and I think he's enjoying it. He told me I had to make it past the first three episodes but I couldn't. I liked Cage's character in Jessica Jones but I didn't like this show. I have seen that Scream series listed - I would be interested in how it is.

      I haven't!!! I need to go find it and watch it now.

      Delete
  3. I have been getting better at abandoning books I'm not enjoying. Most of the time they just get thrown back on TBR mountain to try anotheCome see my week here. Happy reading!r day because I might not have been in the mood for that book at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do that, but for some reason, despite not enjoying the book, I was compelled to read until the end! It was like a train wreck I couldn't stop looking at, I guess. Lol.

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing a lot about hayrides since October has arrived from various US bloggers, however they aren't a thing here in the UK. Even pumpkin patches are few and far between. You definitely get a lot of autumn/Halloween festivity there!

    Sorry to hear And The Trees Crept In didn't prove to be an enjoyable read; you aren't the first person I've heard say that. I hope your current read is an improvement - love when library holds come in.

    I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely do! In Michigan it is big business, really, all the apple orchards and pumpkin patches really play it up big this time of year. We are going to the apple orchard this Saturday actually - I will probably do a post on it, I love the place we go to. :) I always wonder how much is regional too - like are these activities reserved for the parts of the U.S. who actually have a "fall" season? I would be curious to know!

      It was a bummer! I am glad to hear there were others who didn't care for it - Goodreads looked like a fan club with all the people who liked it. I am always like, did I miss something? :)

      Delete
  5. The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I'm sorry that The Trees Crept In was a fail for you! It looks so good - that cover!

    Glad to hear this week isn't too hectically scheduled - I hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.