Friday, December 6, 2013

Random 5 Friday

Random 5 Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Nancy at A Rural Journal





1. The first pie I have baked for our family's Thanksgiving dinner. I made the Pioneer Woman's Nantucket Cranberry Pie. Apparently everyone liked it as there was only one lonely slice left!


2. My cousin's two red headed little daughters. In this photo, you can't tell just how red it is, but the older girl is a bit of a dervish! I had to snap this quickly before she darted off! She is full of energy and hi-jinks and can usually charm me into playing games with her all night, and the little one is such a snuggly little bundle. 


3. Last Saturday my husband and I went to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. It was the last weekend it was going to be open this year, with the exclusion of their Holiday Nights festivities. It was a gorgeous early winter day, sunny, brisk, with a dusting of snow and ice. 


4. For the past four years or so, as long as we have had our English Setter Penny, we have had Christmas tree woes. When we first got her from the pound, she was very sick and anxious, and the first week we had her, she ate outdoor Christmas Garland that was in our basement in a box. We were out and somehow she got downstairs and found it; the worst part was the 1/4 inch wire inside. She had to have emergency surgery and thank god she was ok, but now we can't have anything fake in our house, just in case she does that again. The past couple of years, we haven't had a tree at all. We attempted to buy a Norfolk Pine, but after we bought it, I read they are poisonous to animals! Anyone have a suggestion? We have Penny and 3 cats.


5.  My little man Marlow. He is so affectionate and silly. He somehow can burrow under blankets and wrap himself up like a burrito. He is also a devoted companion to Penny and follows her around the house and cuddles up next to her.

 

2 comments:

  1. That pie looks STELLAR. And I hope you find a solution to your Christmas tree issue. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I think we are going to put up a book tree, and see how it works. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.