Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we have read and what we are reading and see what everyone else is reading.

Last Monday, my husband and I had a great day at a winery to close out the summer, as I started back to work on Tuesday. I have been busy getting the library ready for students and working on the new books. I am pretty excited for the students to see what we have for them this year!


Read Last Week:



A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway: I finished this sucker. I found it hard to read at times, I felt a little like I was reading the same thing over and over. Is that terrible, to talk of Papa this way? 

Joyland by Stephen King: I loved this. Classic King. 


Reading This Week:


  


Fever by Mary Beth Keane: I read about this on The Relentless Reader a while ago, and then forgot about it. At the library the other day, I saw it and remembered that it sounded good, so I picked it up. So far, it is really interesting!

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith: Another book I read about it and decided to read.

The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley: I read this about 10 years ago or so, and I keep seeing it pop up again. I thought it time to revisit it.



How about you? Have you read any of these? Also, do you have any scary/gothic/halloween or fall books that you love and can recommend?






15 comments:

  1. I loved The Shadowy Horses! I am a big fan of Susanna Kearsley's books and I'm happy that some of the older ones are being republished here in the States since I am relatively new to her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember liking it the first time I read it. It is going to be my lunch hour book, I am pretty excited to start it today. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you loved Joyland. I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I loved it! I want to read it all over again I think, I liked it that much. :)

      Delete
  3. I have never read a Stephen King book believe it or not. I guess I never liked horror movies so why would I pick up a horror book you know? Ah well I was browsing audible today and I found an audiobook that I think I would like and it's on my tbr list for halloween. The Golem and the Ginny .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that makes sense! I will have to look that book up, thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I feel that Susanna kearsley was my discovery in 2012! I've loved her books and that one by Dodie Smith is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I am glad to hear from someone who has read that Dodie Smith. :) I am pretty excited to start the Kearsley. :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Joyland as well, looking forward to Doctor Sleep :)

    Here's my post for this week http://bakeysbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-9th.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I have it per-ordered and everything! I can't wait!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I loved Joyland, too. I Capture the Castle has been on my shelf forever begging to be read. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyland was so good! It was nostalgic and scary, which are two things I think King does well. It kind of reminded me of The Body.

      Delete
  7. You could try the 13 series by Michele Harrison. 13 Treasures is the first one, there's a girl plagued by nasty fairies and a mansion, etc. A murder mystery mixed in it's sort of on the border between MG and YA but creepy enough at times that it might appeal. i thought they were good. The series gets darker as it goes. 13 Secrets is the last one and probably the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear what you think of I Capture the Castle! I enjoyed it tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your two books for this week look so good. I am going to see what FEVER is about. THE SHADOWY HORSES looks very good....I have never read anything by Ms. Kearsley. Looks like I need to...gorgeous cover too.

    Happy Reading this week.

    I am out of town and not getting too much reading done, but I am having fun. Went to a Hachette book event and received 9 books. The event was FABULOUS. I am still here visiting my son...heading home tomorrow.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.