Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, where we share what we are reading and see what others are reading as well.

Read Last Week:

Last week was a busy one for me, in general, in every aspect. It was full but I got a lot done, and had fun to boot! My husband and I went to a movie for the first time in months, and we also attended the Michigan Renaissance Festival. It was a wonderful fall day and we had a blast!

As for my reading life, I participated in Banned Books Week hosted by Sheila, and Mary Stewart Reading Week hosted by Anbolyn of Gudrun's Tights. I also participated in the Top Ten Tuesday meme.

  
  

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare: Can you believe this is a banned book? So crazy! I read it and reviewed for Banned Book Week. 

Moonrise by Cassandra King: I thought this book took a little time to get hooked, but once you were you were all in. The kind of book you want to shout at the characters in frustration! 
Review Wednesday.

Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart: My favorite of Stewart's books, I reread this and reviewed as part of Mary Stewart Reading Week.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: I really enjoyed this book! I ate it right up with a spoon, and didn't put it down until I finished. Review Thursday. 

Reading This Week:

  
  

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe: We read this for book club when it came out- I have been meaning to reread it and now is the perfect time.

Talulla Rising by Glen Duncan: Since I am reading a witch book, I think I should read a werewolf one as well. 

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt : I love this book, and I picked it for my book club to read this month. 



  

10 comments:

  1. It's a bit mind blowing that The Witch Of Blackbird Pond has ever been banned or challenged! I'd was one of my favorite books as a kid and I'm so grateful for patents who never censored what I read, even when I went thru my Jackie Collins stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? So crazy! That is awesome to have parents like that! My parents never censored my reading either, which I am thankful for as well. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful lineup. I have read a lot of good things about the newest Holly Black book. I have a couple of her books on my shelf that I have been meaning to read for awhile.
    -Dilettantish Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! It was really good! I am definitely going to have to read more of her work.

      Delete
  3. I have been seeing positive reviews of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I've also heard a lot of good things about The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. I hope you enjoy it!

    I will have to check out your review of the Mary Stewart book. I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but it looks like something that would appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I was actually surprised by how much, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

      I judge books by their covers. I can't help it. Lol. I pick books by covers, although I will read a book with a yucky cover if it sounds good. :) I also pick wine by their labels too. Lol.

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of books you've read! I keep seeing Coldtown everywhere but am yet to actually read a review. I'm glad to read your opinion on the Stewart because I liked Stormy Petrel but want to make sure I pick a winner for my next read, so I'm off to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a little reading spree there! Lol. My review for Coldtown will be up Thursday. :) It was really good!

      Nine Coaches Waiting is my fave Mary Stewart. :)

      Delete
  5. The Coldest Girl in Cold Town has been a popular read of late

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! I kep seeing it everywhere too, and I just loved the title, so I had to buy it. The library hold list was way too long. Lol. I actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.