Monday, September 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Best Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
My Top Ten Sequels - I decided to go my own way and pick multiples from a series, if I really loved them.

   


Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - Pretty safe to say I loved this whole series!

Lasher by Anne Rice - I read The Witching Hour so many times, I never thought I would love the sequel. But I did.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Ahh Hunger Games. You are incomparable.

     

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor - I loved these books, I can't wait for the third one to come out. No, really, I can't wait. It needs to come out now. Lol. 

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I kept my Harry Potter love to a maximum of two. I think it is time to reread this series!

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon - Jamie Fraser! Claire! 

  

The Good, The Bad and The Undead and A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison - I also kept these to only two choices. Also, I met Kim Harrison this year and it was awesome!




7 comments:

  1. I love the Harry Potter series and I do think the books just got better as they went along. I loved Outlander and the first couple of books but I haven't made it past that. I think Drums in Autumn is as far as I've made it. With the new one coming out soon I have to decide if I want to keep going or catch up on A Game of Thrones instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to stop reading Game of Thrones! I have so much anxiety about the wolves, and when they die, it really upsets me. I am a weirdo, I know. Lol.

      I love Harry Potter - what a wonderful world J.K. Rowling created. I only wish they would have been out when I was a child, I can only imagine how much more exciting the world of Harry Potter is when you are a kid.

      Delete
  2. Yes to Clockwork Princess! That was the most amazing series ender ever. It definitely made my list too.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only went with book #2 in each series, but Catching Fire and The Chamber of Secrets fit that for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated whether to do that or not - but then I decided to go with any in the series. ;) Lol. Catching Fire was soo good! Unfortunately, I was really let down by Mockingjay :(

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you loved the second Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I have been debating reading it, now I think I will give it a chance. Great list! Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.