Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Top Ten Fall TBR


Top Ten Tuesday - Fall TBR (redo, my original post disappeared into the ether)


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I never got around to this last year, and have made it a priority this year.

 
 Moonrise by Cassandra King - I am currently reading this retelling of Rebecca set in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and so far I am really enjoying it.

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke - I won this and I can't wait to get it. This cover is amazing!

 The Winds of Salem by Melissa de la cruz - The newest in the Beauchamp witches series. It is also soon to be a tv series.

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King - I have always wanted to know what happened to the Torrance family after their winter at the Overlook Hotel

The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson - I have heard mixed reviews of this book, but it seems like a good time of year to give it a try.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - This should be arriving any day now, I am so excited to read it!

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - My mister told me about this book; it sounded like a great one for us to read together!

 The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - I just love saying the name of this book. It has a good ring to it.

Blythewood by Carol Goodman - I love Carol Goodman! I would love to just go out for a drink with her, and listen to her tell stories.




6 comments:

  1. I rarely read about vampires, but I've heard good things about The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. As for The Night Circus, I hope you'll like it better than I did (it's an "atmosphere" book without much of a plot, in my opinion). Most people seemed to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I hope I like it too! It's pretty mammoth, and sitting on my nightstand right now.

      Delete
  2. I'm currently reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and it's SO good right now. I hope you'll enjoy it too. ;D
    Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea was an okay read.
    Great list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I just finished The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I loved it! I thought it was very well done! Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea needs to get here. I am not good at waiting. :(

      Delete
  3. I want to read The Bone Season. I've heard really good things about it. There are so many holds on it at my library so I'm sure it will be awhile before I get the chance. Moonrise looks really good. I like the story of Rebecca and it would be interesting in a different setting.

    I still haven't picked up The Raven Boys. I kind of felt disappointed by the Shiver trilogy (except the first book) and I have been hesitant to read The Scorpio Races or this one. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just checked out the hold list for Bone Season in our library system - its pretty enormous. :( Hopefully people read it quickly and then turn it in so I can read it eventually. Moonrise was pretty good! I wouldn't say fabulous, but I did like it. :)

      I struggled with the Shiver trilogy - I think I decided I liked it after I finished the second book. The Raven Boys was an instant love for me though. :) It was just so good!

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.