Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey

We had such gorgeous weather this week! Fall in Michigan is so beautiful - everything is bathed in gold, orange and red; even the light is different, more warm and golden edged. The air is crisp, the nights are getting chillier, and good for cuddling and bonfires. Our bird feeders are going crazy, and we have had two different kinds of woodpeckers lately visiting us. 

Wyatt and I went on a hayride the other day with our friends Karen and her 2 month old Emmett. I think Wyatt enjoyed it - he fell asleep! Lol. 


Read Last Week:


Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave: This was an enjoyable read! It made me want to drink wine though - not such a bad thing in moderation. Lol. Review soon. 

Reading This Week:

  

Witch by Barbara Michaels:  I love reading Michaels this time of year. She is one of my go-to authors.

Need by Carrie Jones:  I know nothing about this other than I saw it on this list. 

Posted Last Week:


What Wyatt's Reading- a list of picture books we are making our way through

Watching:

Woohoo for the return of old favorites! We are watching Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and iZombie.  We are also watching The Middle for the first time and we love it!





12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying fall :) We had really nice weather too.

    I still haven't read Eight Hundred Grapes. Most reviews are very positive. Hope you like Need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 800 Grapes was a pleasant, fast read. Not too deep, not too fluffy either. It was like a great balance of both. And wine. Lol.

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful in Michigan right now! No doubt about it. Today was absolutely gorgeous- perfect weather. And the nights are pleasant too, no humidity. I've noticed more birds around our feeder too... lot of activity out there.

    I finished up Continuum this week and am working on S3 of Arrow. Both are S4 so I'm trying to catch up. After that- I need to find another show. I've looked at several of those you mentioned- they all look good.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food must be becoming more scarce around now for the birds with the weather changes. The nights are beautiful! I am digging fall this year. (every year really)

      I should start listing what Billy watches when I am not around - it seems you have similar tastes in television and books. I know he just watched The Flash.

      Delete
  3. I love fall weather! I enjoyed Need but the remaining books in the series just got worse and worse in my opinion. Maybe you'll enjoy it better than I did!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I am glad to hear Need is good at least. Lol. I was looking for something different to read. I guess we will see how it goes!

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good hayride. I haven't seen a Barbara Michaels book for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how or when I found her - but since I did I read and reread her books all the time. She is a comfort author for me!

      Delete
  5. Wyatt looks so cute in his pumpkin hat. Glad he has a little friend to grow up with too.
    I never read Need but wow, that's some lipstick! Witch sounds good-- I've read a couple of Barbara Michaels in the past and enjoyed them.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My mom made him that hat. :)

      Lol I agree~~ not sure I would ever wear that shade. ;) I am a huge Barbara Michaels fan. They are perfect quick mystery/thriller reads.

      Delete
  6. Aww what a cutie, love Wyatt's little pumpkin beanie. I really enjoyed Eight Hundred Grapes and I did drink wine and I enjoyed that too lol. Enjoy the lovely fall weather and your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! His grandma made him that hat. :) I also drank wine and enjoyed it too. Lol. I couldn't read that book and not drink it! Thanks!

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.