Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. 

It was a pretty fun week this past week. On Friday, my friend Kelly and I got together and made Cheesy Corn Chowder soup for dinner, and hung out with our husbands and kids. It was a really low key night out and we had a great time. It was nice to get out! We also were celebrating the first month celebration of her new daughter, and the 7 month celebration for Wyatt! They are exactly 6 months apart. 

Then Saturday we got together with my cousin and her son, my aunt, and my brother, sister-in-law and my little niece. It was a fabulous way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon. We hung out eating macaroni and cheese and brownies, passing around each other's babies and catching up. My cousin lives in Chicago so we don't get to see her too often and it was so nice to visit with her and her son. 

Read Last Week:


The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon: I am almost done with this - I actually have to put it down a lot and not read it at night! The scary factor is slowing me down. It is good but scares me! Which is the point, I guess. Lol.

Reading This Week:


Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave: I picked this up at the library to read in between bouts of the Night Sister. I saw this originally on Book Haven and thought it sounded pretty good. So far, I am enjoying it!

Posted Last Week:

Banned Book Week: Fahrenheit 451 - I had forgotten how much I liked this book!


Currently Watching:

We are watching Heroes Reborn, Scream Queens, and we just finished up with Hell on Wheels for the current season. I can't wait for Grimm, Supernatural, and The Vampire Diaries to begin again!


10 comments:

  1. That soup sounds good, I love soup this time of year. Crusty bread, some good crackers... LOL and chili too. Must be the cool weather... :)

    Glad you're liking Eight Hundred grapes, thanks for the mention! I've been watching a lot of Netflix lately (more than I've been reading), there are so many good shows right now. I've been lucky that most of the ones I've tried I've liked. What I did before Netflix I have no idea. :)

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I could eat soup at every meal though, all the time. Lol.

      I am really liking it!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice week with friends and family. Macaroni and cheese sounds really appealing at this time of year.

    I have an ARC of Eight Hundred Grapes to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is seriously nothing better than mac and cheese, unless it is soup. Lol.

      I am really enjoying Eight Hundred Grapes. It is a good balance to The Night Sister!

      Delete
  3. I have been craving mac & cheese recently. Must be the cool, cloudy weather! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with family and friends. Those low-key get-togethers are some of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather does call for warm and gooey comfort food. One of the best things about fall, in my opinion!

      I love get togethers like that. Just easy conversation - it was perfect for a rainy day too.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like lovely visits! I am listening to Eight Hundred Grapes on audio and enjoying it. I am intrigued by a book that you have to put down at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. My cousin lives in Chicago so we don't get to see her or the baby very often and it was so good to catch up!

      The Night Sister freaked me out! The suspense was really well done.

      Delete
  5. I've heard some good stuff about The Night Sister, and now I want to read it even more after what you've said about it. HOpe you have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I finally found the bravery to finish it. Lol.

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.