Random 5 Friday is hosted by Nancy at Rural Journal
1. I made no knead bread the other night, and I very pleased with the results! I think there is nothing more therapeutic and spiritual than baking bread.
2. My husband, brother, sister-in-law and I attended the huge Detroit Halloween party, Theatre Bizarre. It is six floors of halloween fun. My sister-in-law Chrissy and I went as ravens. We bought these cool masks from Sundries and Plunder on Etsy.
3. Last week I mentioned that I was rethinking my plan for my new degree. I had originally planned on getting a degree in Paralegal Studies. I did some soul searching, switched my major to Writing with a minor in Classical Studies, and now I feel much better. Before, I felt like I was wearing someone else's clothes. Now, I feel like everything fits just right, and I am so excited to begin!
4. I am looking forward to Saturday morning, and visiting Eastern Market in Detroit. My favorite time to go is in the fall, with the air crisp, the fall harvest overflowing on the tables, and the bright oranges and reds of the autumn flowers on display.
5. I am so happy that soup season is fully upon us! I made a root vegetable, sugar snap pea, and white bean soup last Sunday, which turned out amazing! It was warm, hearty, filling and spicy, and I could eat it again right now! It was perfect for a chilly evening.