Sunday, March 31, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?



It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.


I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!

Read Last Week:

      

History of a Pleasure Seeker by Richard Mason: This was our book club book. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't my favorite ever. 

The Mourning Hours by Paula Treick DeBoard: I received this from NetGalley and I read it in one gulp practically! I loved it. The end was a bit rushed, but I didn't care. 

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro: A friend recommended this to me, and I really liked it. I am left feeling a little unsettled. 

Reading This Week:

      

The Clover House by Henriette Lazardis Power: I intended to read this last week, but read Never Let Me Go instead.  I am off this week, I am excited to read!

The Drowning House by Elizabeth Black: I checked this out a long time ago, and never read it. It is time now.

Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch: I won this from the Southern Reading Challenge hosted by Jen at Introverted Reader. I am looking forward to reading it! I had to wait for some warmer weather here in Michigan, in order to start it. 

20 comments:

  1. These all look like such good reads and I'm loving the covers for all of them! I can't wait to read these as well now. Enjoy!
    Come see my It's Monday Post :)

    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite is the cover for The Drowning House. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Never Let Me Go has been recommended to me by a couple of my friends. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it! I was sure I wasn't going to, but I did. I think I am going to read other books by that author now.

      Delete
  3. I agree with the cover love. they all have very interesting covers. Hope you enjoy!

    My reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. The Mourning Hours and The Drowning House both look delicious. Perhaps, my reading is going down a dark alley at the moment, but those titles intrigue me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine must be too! Lol! I really loved The Mourning Hours. and so far The Drowning House is as well.

      Delete
  5. They all look interesting and they are all new to me. I hope that you enjoy them. Come see what I read last week at Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read The Drowning House. Looks like an amazing read. Great picks!

    Take a look at what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving The Drowning House so far! I read it until about 1 am last night/morning. :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty covers! Love your description of reading a book in one gulp. Love books like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just could not stop reading it!

      Delete
  8. Love hearing about unputdownable books! Girls in Trucks was good. Hope it warms up here in MI too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it has been sunny here but not warm yet really. I am ready for the warmth! I am looking forward to reading Girls in Trucks. :)

      Delete
  9. I saw The Mourning Hours on your It's Monday last week and requested it from NetGalley! Looking forward to reading it after seeing you enjoyed it so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had to keep reading to find out what happened next! The ending was rushed a bit - but it didn't seem to even matter to me. It was more about the family and their dynamics than the mystery, I think. I hope you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you like your Girls in Trucks book! I think it was a wise choice to wait for warmer weather. Southern lit and heat just go hand in hand. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember hearing about The Drowning House and being very curious. I'll be interested to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.