Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, that is guaranteed to add to your reading list.

Read Last Week
and
Reading This Week:

This hasn't changed much since the other week, unfortunately. I have however, been able to actually read sometimes! Yay! I just don't have the same amount of downtime to read in, but I have some!


 



The Wind in the Willows I am reading out loud to my son and to my husband - it is a fun evening ritual right now. I had also forgotten how well written it is, not to mention how advanced the vocabulary!

Watership Down is an annual read for me. I love to read it in the springtime when baby rabbits are bounding through my yard.

I also really love the Krewe of Hunters series, and while I haven't started this one technically, I am looking forward to it. 

Listening to:

The other day Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard suggested listening to audio-books, and I thought that was a great idea!! 


I am loving this book so far! 

Waiting For:

 



They couldn't look more different, could they? 

Watching:

Everything is ending for the summer, and in the case of some of my favorite shows, were even cancelled! I loved The Mindy Project and Hart of Dixie, and neither were renewed by their respective networks to my sadness. Grimm had a great finale, as did The Vampire Diaries! We are getting ready to start watching Wandering Pines, and Aquarius - both look really interesting.

Posted:

Nothing here, but I did post about my First Mother's Day on my other blog, The Magpie Mom.



8 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read The Wind in the Willows, although I think I started it as a kid. Funny, it was referenced briefly in the book I just read, which was set in the early 1900's- I didn't realize it had been written that long ago. Interesting. I should read it one of these days. And Beach Town looks like a nice warm weather read!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend reading it, if you are up for a children's book. It is a surprisingly good read as an adult! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the reads and hAve a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's a lovely nightly tradition reading The Wind in the Willows. Love the cover of Ice Kissed. I'll have a bit of time to catch up on some other tv series faves now that Scandal is over. *sob sob* Have a wonderful week and hope you manage to find a little reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely enjoying it, even though our son is just a baby. I think he still benefits from it though. :)

      I have heard good things about Scandal! I should watch it sometime.

      Delete
  4. Anytime a parent talks to their child, regardless of whether they understand, is quality time for them. In my area they play a public service tv commercial stating that point. What a great tradition! When my son was homeschooled for awhile years ago we used to take turns reading out loud alternating chapters of the first two Harry Potter books. I miss those days; it was a fun time.
    I am a big fan of Watership Down but haven't read it since my 20s. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I know he loves hearing your voice and it is most definitely beneficial! My babes got read to and spoken to often beginning when they were babes home with dad and once they started talking (and even today) we have people comment on the size of their vocabularies and the words they choose in general conversations! Babies and children are taking everything in and absorbing it from the words you speak to the tone to the body language...they're like your own personal NSA, constantly spying on you and taking thorough notes! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.