Saturday, August 9, 2014

Classics Spin #7



My Book Spin List for the Classics Club Classics Spin #7:


Five I Can't Wait to Read:

1. Anne of Green Gables
2.  The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
3.  Peter Pan
4. The Beautiful and Damned
5. The Blind Assassin 

The Five I Am Dreading:

6.  The Turn of the Screw
7.  As I Lay Dying
8.  One Hundred Years of Solitude
9.  Winesburg, Ohio
10.  Main Street

The Five I Am Neutral About:

11. Passage to India
12. A Midsummer Night's Dream
13.  The Woodlanders
14.  Heart of Darkness
15. Lolita

Five Freebies (rereads):

16.  Watership Down
17.  The Poisonwood Bible
18.  Walden
19. The Secret Garden
20. Animal Farm







4 comments:

  1. I'm seeing folks participating in this spin and I am ambivalent about joining it. I used to read the classics for high school/college, but I don't know if I want to commit to 50 classic books at this stage in my life. I gravitate toward more "fluff" reads. Have fun with it and hope you get a reread or one you are anxious for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun, but I have to admit, I am probably not going to finish this challenge all the way. Lol. I have found a few new favorites though, like Ethan Frome!

      Delete
  2. I loved The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, so hope you get that one! Just can't seem to read One Hundred Years of Solitude though.. have tried 2 or 3 times and just can't get beyond page 50! Good luck with the spin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 3 in common on this spin list. I didn't check the numbered order, but it would be funny if we were reading them at the same time. So many good titles I didn't think of, that I see here. The Blind Assassin, The Poisonwood Bible, The Secret Garden. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.