Saturday, February 1, 2014

30 Second Book Review: The Visit

Title: The Visit
Author: Mark Kimball Moulton
Source: NetGalley

Goodreads Summary:


In December of 1823, the poem now known as The Night Before Christmas was first published anonymously and has since become the best loved Christmas poem of all time. Now, for the first time in The Visit, Dinghy Sharp, a direct descendant of recognized author Clement Clarke Moore, shares her delightful story with us all, and reveals the history and origin of this beloved poem as it has been passed down for generations in the Moore family.


My thoughts:

This book was beautiful. The illustrations, the story behind the famous poem - I adored every bit. I read this at Christmas time, and was swept back in time, to the days of story. It was delightful,enchanting, and heartwarming, and I loved reading about the origins of The Night Before Christmas.

I am definitely going to order this book for the school library where I work. I am sure teachers and students both will enjoy reading it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.