Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Long Lankin Mini-Review and Winner Announced!

Long LankinTitle: Long Lankin                                          
Author: Lindsey Barraclough
Source: Library

Goodreads Summary:

Beware of Long Lankin, that lives in the moss. . . .When Cora and her younger sister, Mimi, are sent to stay with their elderly aunt in the isolated village of Byers Guerdon, they receive a less than warm welcome. Auntie Ida is eccentric and rigid, and the girls are desperate to go back to London. But what they don't know is that their aunt's life was devastated the last time two young sisters were at Guerdon Hall, and she is determined to protect her nieces from an evil that has lain hidden for years. Along with Roger and Peter, two village boys, Cora must uncover the horrifying truth that has held Bryers Guerdon in its dark grip for centuries -- before it's too late for little Mimi. Riveting and intensely atmospheric, this stunning debut will hold readers in its spell long after the last page is turned.

My thoughts:

I had to give up on this book.  It was so boring. I really tried hard to like this book too, I felt like it had potential.  However, there was just something missing.  I would be interested to hear what the target age group thinks of this book, in case my age clouded my opinion.  I read about ten pages every day and that is it. I found myself watching tons of television avoiding the book.  Finally, my husband last night was like, we have watched endless hours of tv in the past two days, don't you have anything to read. I realized then it was pointless to try anymore, and I decided to abandon it. 




The AwakeningOn another note, I have the winner of my Banned Book Giveaway for The Awakening!! 

 The winner is....
Jennifer from The Relentless Reader!    Congrats!! I hope you like it as much as I did!!

2 comments:

  1. we have watched endless hours of tv in the past two days, don't you have anything to read <~~ Ha ha! Your hubby is a smart cookie!

    Yay for me! I love winning books :D Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That was so crazy. I can't believe I watched that much tv either.

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.