Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

It was a good week! We took a slow down and it was lovely. Billy and I had a date day, which was awesome, and then today (Sunday) we took the boy to the country to pick peaches, which he loved! :)

After much deliberation and hemming and hawing, I have decided to move this blog's content to my other blog. I paid for that domain, which is why I am moving there instead of everything here, and for some reason it seems harder to keep up two blogs instead of one. :( I really hope that if you follow me now, that you will choose to follow me there. :) I have not done this before, so I am not going to make the big move and stop blogging here until the end of August. I will miss old Quixotic Magpie, but I hope that you will enjoy me just as well over at Still Life, with Cracker Crumbs. You will get the same book content, probably even more book content, but also some personal lifestyle posts as well. :) Here is the link to that blog if you want to check it out! 


Read Last Week:


Dreams of Falling by Karen White - I waited months to read this book, and it didn't disappoint!! I loved this book. Karen White is probably at the tops of my lists of go-to authors right now. :)

I also started Picnic at Hanging Rock and also a book called The Obituary Society I got for free from Amazon. 

  


Reading this Week:


When We Found Home by Susan Mallery: Doesn't this cover just grab you? I love it. I am so drawn to the water, even on book covers. 

Watching:

the Tour de France - this year has been nuts! Big names have fallen, been injured, or been dropped due to not meeting the time requirements! This year they made some new rules, making the time requirements per stage shorter, and also dropping a team member from each team. It has made for a crazy race!

A Series of Unfortunate Events - wow, this is amazing! I love Neal Patrick Harris as Count Olaf, and it is a visual feast. Plus I love all the direct to the audience commentary, and the humor. Perfectly well done.

Red Oaks (Amazon Prime) - Another new addiction. A coming of age type story set in the 80s. Love it.






20 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! Will definitely follow you over there. :) Two blogs would be tough, I have enough trouble with one!

    I love book covers with water too. So relaxing.

    I haven't heard of Red Oaks, but set in the 80's? Sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thank you! It was harder than I thought. Lol. All the logging in and out, commenting, social media. Yuck. It will be so much easier condensed. Lol.

      Maybe because we are Michiganders?

      It is really good!! We are hooked. The episodes are short, and it is easy to just keep watching. And Jennifer Grey is in it!!

      Delete
  2. Of course since I've been following both. Yeah, the whole separating thing aggravates me at time especially with IG and the pressure to specialize and to gain followers. Keep it real ppl. If I had separate accounts, I would hardly post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah it is really hard! And thanks for following me at both! I think it really did decrease how often I am posting. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the move! I can’t imagine keeping up with 2 blogs. One blog is like a full-time job. Picnic At Hanging Rock is on my TBR list, so I’ll be interested to hear what you think of it. Have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty tough. It will be much easier all as one. :)

      So far, I am liking Picnic at Hanging Rock!

      Delete
  4. I'm already following Still Life with Cracker Crumbs...and I feel a little guilty with my SIX blogs...but it's not as bad as you might think. Plus...reading and blogging are my main thing these days. LOL

    I have Dreams of Falling...and now I want to read it sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing...and here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you for following me both places! :) I am just not organized enough to handle two! All the changing logins, and commenting, and social media. Lol.

      Man, I totally loved that book!!! I blathered on about it to my husband the other day, telling him practically the whole book bit by bit. It was so good!

      Delete
  5. Such an interesting week. I love summer peaches but haven't seen picking places here. But the farm stands have them. Just be sure and link up to the Sunday post and we will find you at the new site. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make me feel better about making the move! Thanks for the reminder! :)

      I always intend to get out and pick strawberries but the season here is so early we miss it! We wind up doing peaches, which is good too. :)

      Delete
  6. I agree Dreams of Falling was wonderful, I gave it five stars and thought it was a great read. Delighted you too are moving although you are going to your paid version which gives so many more options again! I did have one for awhile but let it go. I think the unpaid one will be okay for me. Am going to make a note of yours right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to get a little more adept at how to use wordpress. I am not certain of how to do certain things, like share my social media, etc. It's a whole new ballgame and it will take a little time. :) But I am excited to have everything in one place.

      And thank you!! :)

      Delete
  7. I should check out Red Oak. I don't use my Amazon Prime often enough for videos. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't either! I used it for Wyatt quite a bit, with Daniel Tiger being accessible all the time lol, but not as much for me. My friend told me she binged Red Oaks so I gave it a whirl and am binge watching it as well!

      Delete
  8. I've never heard of Red Oaks, but I'm definitely going to check it out. Oh, and I just added your other blog to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      It is really so good! Very 80s movie but a tv series. I am loving it, and Paul Reiser in it.

      Delete
  9. That sounds like a beautiful week of family time. :) One blog makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you liked Dreams of Falling, looking forward to it. You will enjoy When We Found Home, it was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it!! Omg so many layers. It was awesome.

      And I am really looking forward to When We Found Home - I have to do the transfer to my Kindle still, I hate that. Lol.

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.