Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

Hey all! Snow! I love snow! I am sorry though if the snow caused any of you hardships. I'm kind of snow fan and I am slowly turning my son into one too. Lol. I showed him the snow falling out the window the other morning and he kept wanting to look at it all day. :) Although, it seems like the south got more snow than we did here in Michigan, at least my corner of Michigan.

Prayers for all those affected by the California wildfires. This year has been so bad for disasters. :(

Read Last Week:

  

This was a cute little read for the holidays! A shortie but goodie that brought a smile to my face. I also started rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - one of my favorites in the series! Isn't there just something about Christmas that makes you want to read HP again?  I guess it's all those Hogwarts Christmas'!

Reading This Week:

I am going to be reading a bunch of books at once for a bit, I think. I'm kind of a in a book grazing mode. Little bit of this one, little bit of that.

  


Poison - which I have started for NetGalley and I am really enjoying, but I keep letting my Kindle accidentally die!

The River at Night - for my online book club, Hike Like a Woman book club

and the aforementioned Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. 

Watching:

Christmas stuff, but none of my favorites really yet except Love, Actually. Those are coming up this week and next, all the way to Christmas. Any must watches for the season? I have to watch Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas every year, Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation, and The Muppet Christmas Carol. I think I am going to add in The Polar Express this year too - Wyatt will love it. I think we will also give him his first taste of hot cocoa too! Any suggestions or favorites for hot chocolate?

For television, we are watching The Gifted (not too bad!) and Riverdale. 

How about you guys? What's going on in your part of the world?





17 comments:

  1. Snow! We got probably 5+ inches, easy, and the roads were BAD at first. Now it's just white and cold. :) I love it though.

    The River at Night looks pretty good.

    I started The Gifted (first two episodes) and I'm loving Riverdale this season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy snow! We only got a little dusting. :( You guys out west Michigan get so much more snow! The worst part about snow is how bad the roads get, so quickly. :(

      I'm excited to read it.

      Omg Riverdale! So good!

      Delete
  2. We always watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, The Polar Express, and those vintage Christmas movies in old animation. Can't wait to see Wyatt having fun in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I loved those old ones - they were my childhood. I am hoping we get some big snow for Christmas! I bought him some cute boots to be out in the snow in!

      Delete
  3. ugh sorry to hear about your Kindle but... Yay for Snow! I didn't use to love it but now I kinda do :) My kids turned me into a snow fan :) Glad to hear you enjoyed Kiss me in NY Harry Potter! I love HP during the holidays, Can't get enough of it but I mostly watch it [re re re watch it :) ] hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband always reminds me of the time I woke him up at 6 am to tell him that it was snowing. He wasn't as excited. Lolol. It is definitely a fun thing to do with kids - I can't wait until my kiddo is a little older and can enjoy it more. :)

      And yay HP!! I was thinking I need to watch the movies again now. And Kiss Me in New York was such a fun read!

      Delete
  4. I loved Poison...it was my favorite book in November. I am curious about The River at Night. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was instantly hooked on Poison! The writing is so good. I am the worst about keeping my Kindle charged though. :(

      Delete
  5. I hate snow! Glad you are enjoying it though. We didn't get much yet and fingers crossed that we won't till after New Year's. :)

    Every year I like to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas (multiple times), While You Were Sleeping, White Christmas and the animated Grinch movie. This year I watched Christmas With the Kranks again and I plan to watch A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart). I usually end up watching some cheesy Hallmark movies as well.

    I love rereading Harry Potter. Prisoner of Azkaban is one of my favorites as well. Hogwarts Christmases are so magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah driving in it isn't as fun as watching it fall or walking around in it. I love to hike in the snow. Everything is so hushed and magical.

      Ooo Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart! And I can't believe I forgot to mention Charlie Brown. We watch that too!

      I love a Hogwarts Christmas! I guess that kid inside me wishes for one. :)

      Delete
  6. We just got a dusting of snow this week. It's nice to have the ground covered and make it white for Christmas. I should be looking for a new Kindle. Mine seems to need charging much more frequently than it used to. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I love a white Christmas! We got just a dusting as well, but I was still geeked. :)

      I am terrible about keeping things charged - Kindle, phones, laptop.. :( Lol.

      Delete
  7. I was happy to see the snow too! I felt bad though--both of my kids had colds so I couldn't let them stay out for too long.

    The Polar Express is my daughter's favorite Christmas movie right now. I hope your little one loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for snow!!! Aww - at least they got some time outside in it though. :) I hope they feel better soon!

      I can't wait to watch it with him! :)

      Delete
  8. Harry Potter isn't my thing but yes, there is something about the winter season that makes re-reading fun. I'm re-reading The Castle Glower series by Jessica Day George. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.