Monday, May 8, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date

Last week was rough. This week will be too- my poor husband had to work 15 hour days plus weekends, and that will be repeating itself for this week as well. We are all thrown off by the change in routine, schedules, and extra work for both of us, not to mention behind on other things. We must do a good job of working as a team most of the time, since things are all crazy and discombobulated. Wyatt is having a hard time adjusting to this too, not seeing his dad. Fingers crossed this is the last week, for the sanity of the guys in my life (and mine!) I am not finding much time to spend blogging though, or commenting. Hopefully next week I will be back full swing! I had a bunch of posts planned actually, for both of my blogs!



Read Last Week:

I actually read a lot, weirdly. Lots of early morning reading going on.


The Break Down by B.A. Paris

The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White

O.M.G - both of these books. I loved them! Both were riveting, un-put-downable reads.

Reading this Week:

  

The Marvelous Misadventures of Ingrid Winter - I have no idea when I got this. I found it on my Kindle and started reading it after I finished the Break Down, since I was freaked out and it was bed time. Lol.

Strange the Dreamer - love this author

Watching:

Twin Peaks, a lot of HGTV since the hubs is working so much. So Lakefront Living, We Bought the Farm, Tiny House Living. I also started the Good Witch, and I love it! Another good one to watch while the hubs is not around. Thanks Stefanie for blogging about it!

16 comments:

  1. I hope things do settle down for your husband so that he doesn't have to work such long hours. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, poor guy!! I think the worst is over, woohoo!

      Delete
  2. I hope your husband's work schedule calms down soon. That seems tough on everyone!

    The Marvelous Misadventures looks like fun. I will have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rough! I think we have reached the end of the long hours though, thank goodness! :)

      It wasn't a bad read! Not the greatest, but entertaining.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out. I'm sorry it was a rough week. How exhausted your husband must be and you too to adjust. You all need a spa day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized how hard it was to take care of a toddler basically all day long, sun up til sun down! Kudos to my mother, who raised us all on her own, from the time my brother was 3! And a spa day sounds awesome!

      Delete
  4. Hopefully your husband's schedule calms down soon! We go through that frequently and it is NOT FUN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really wasn't!! Yikes! It seems to have calmed down, thank goodness. Poor guy!

      Delete
  5. Wow those are long days. Hope that's short- lived! Hoping you guys have a better week. :)

    I've been seeing good review for Lights Went Out. I haven't watched Twin Peaks yet but I did try Luther, and now I'm falling down that rabbit hole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was super long - for all of us lol. It seems to have tapered off though, thank goodness. :)

      I loved The Night the Lights Went Out! It was so good. I wonder if my husband watched Luther? Sometimes he watches those without me lol.

      Delete
  6. We go through patches too where my husband ends up working extra long hours. This weekend he's leaving for one of two upcoming business trips.

    It was another busy week but I did manage to finish some books. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since we have dealt with it - at least two years, since the boyo was born. It was an adjustment! I hope your husband is at least going somewhere good!

      Delete
  7. I hope things change soon so your family can go back to its usual routine. That does sound stressful :(

    I am glad to hear you liked The Night the Lights Went Out. I am on hold for it at the library. It sounds so interesting! I am also curious about the B.A. Paris book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina!

      I loved it!! It was reminiscent a little of Fried Green Tomatoes, which I loved too. :) And the B.A. Paris book was excellent as well!

      Delete
  8. I'm having trouble getting into Strange the Dreamer, which makes me so sad! I've heard such wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad, I haven't picked it up! I might have to wait for another time to read it, I don't feel like it right now, I think. So I guess I am with you! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.