Thursday, June 28, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I've been tagged with the Liebster Blog Award by Bookworm8921. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.

11 Facts about me:

1.  I love photography and yoga.
2. I have four animals, 3 cats and 1 dog, that I rescued from the pound I volunteer for.
3.  I am a vegetarian.
4.  I sometimes skip to the end of the book to find out what happens because I can't wait!
5.  Two of my favorite books are The Jungle Book and Watership Down. 
6.  I like to take vacations in places I can go hiking.
7. That being said, my favorite urban place to travel is New Orleans.
8. I work in a library.
9. I am a Michigander.
10.I am married, and have a younger brother and two stepsisters.
11. My favorite month is October and my favorite holiday is Halloween.

Questions from Bookworm8921:

1.  What is the first book you can ever remember reading?  Henny Penny.

2.  Do you re-read books? If so what book have you re-read the most? Watership Down

3.  Have you ever liked a movie based on a book more than the book itself? No

4. How did you decide on what to call your blog? I can be pretty idealistic and impractical, lol.  I love birds, but my husband also calls me magpie sometimes because I am attracted to shiny objects.  And I can talk the ears off my family and some of my friends; my mom and dad both say I talk too fast as well.

5.  How many books are you hoping to read this year? Last year I read about 125 or something like that- I was hoping for 150, but I got off to a bad start.  After reading 11/22/63, I took a major break - not because of the size, but because I was blown away by how good it was.

6.  Do you have plans to write your own book?  I toy with the idea, and sometimes even start writing. I guess I would like to, but don't have a plan. :)

7.  What was the last book that you read? 127 Hours- Between a Rock and a Hard Place.

8.  What is your favorite movie? Oo good question! I love the movie Love Actually.

9.  Who is your favorite actor/actress?  I love Michael Fassbender and Emma Stone.

10.  What tv shows do you enjoy? Castle, New Girl, Glee, Top Chef, Grimm, Once Upon A Time

11.  Do you collect anything other books? Animals? Dust? No, I used to collect fairy figurines but I don't anymore. :(  Maybe I should start again.  

Blogs I'd like to tag:


(if you have more than 200 followers and I tagged you, I apologize. I had a difficult time figuring that out.)



My Questions:

1.  What is your favorite holiday?
2.  What is the best book to movie adaptation you have watched?
3.  What is the best and what is the worst book you have ever read?
4.  What other hobbies do you like besides reading?
5.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
6.  What is your favorite amusement park ride?
7.  What is your favorite bird?
8.  Do you ever skip to the end of the book while reading it, just to see what happens? 
9.  Where do you usually read?
10. What do you think of e-books and e-book readers?
11. Do you go to the library?



3 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the tag. ;)

    I love the movie "Love Actually" as well.. Gosh. I love the story and the characters ;)

    I'm Ara, by the way. New Follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just to let you know, here are my answers: http://www.mybookandmycoffee.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html >> Thanks for tagging me :D I do appreciate it a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your award!!! I just got back from a 2 week vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.