Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's Tuesday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, that is guaranteed to add to your reading list.

Ok, so I am a day late, and not really linking up. But I didn't want to not write this post. So, here I am late to the party but still here!

It was a crazy weekend, one that began in tears but had a happy ending. You can read about here. It concerns our senior English Setter, Penny. But remember, happy ending!

Read Last Week:

I attempted two classics at once, but it didn't work out. I can only handle one at a time. So I am sticking with my book club pick of Little Women and will go back to Anne Bronte in the future.

  


I'm still working on both Little Women and The Remedy for Love. The Remedy for Love isn't bad! I wasn't sure about it at first but it has grown on me.


Reading This Week:

 

Snow Angel Cove by RaeAnne Thayne: I have breached the barrier of holiday reads! I am really enjoying this one. Maybe it feels like the right time, considering the snow that is in our forecast for this week. I will also be continuing to read Little Women and The Remedy for Love. 

Posted Last Week:





4 comments:

  1. Snow Angel Cove sounds like a really good read and even though I just finished a holiday readathon I might wind up picking out one or two more new Christmas books.

    So glad to hear Penny is going to pull through and be almost herself soon :) Senior pets can have a multitude of health issues and need some extra TLC, but it sounds like she is going to be just fine! I love that photo you took of her and the cat on your other blog. I unfortunately had to stop by the vet's yesterday to pick up the "ashes" (cremains) of our little 14 year old dog who passed last week. It was bittersweet to make that trip, and I will remember to look back fondly on all the happy times we had over the course of her exuberant life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night, it was a really good read! I have some consistent reading time on my hands right now with Penny.

      She is doing pretty well. Her mobility is much improved, although I still won't leave her alone or let her jump on the couch, which she does not like. Whenever I stop her, she gives me a dirty look and goes to another room. Lol. She has arthritis in her back legs which is not helping the problem but overall things are on the rise. Marlowe, the cat in the photo, adores Penny! To the point sometimes he annoys her, lol, like when he tries to be with her while she eats. Then she looks at me like "help please." Penny is so mild mannered.

      That really is such a hard thing, to be handed the ashes of your beloved pet. I have done that twice now, and it is always a sad shock. :( Focus on those good times,and while they might bring tears, they may also maybe some smiles through the tears.

      Delete
  2. Glad your Penny is improving! I've got The Remedy of Love and need to get it read. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nise! I am stuck on The Remedy of Love. It has really slowed down in the middle, and I am not sure if I can finish it! I look forward to seeing what you think. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.