Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, that is guaranteed to add to your reading list. 

I missed last week! I have been fully immersed in finishing up my final projects for my classes. I haven't had much time to do anything else! I have squeezed in a few books though.

Read Last Two Weeks:

  


The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemoore: I loved this book! It was all about these awesome heroines and their authors, and the struggles the authors lived through. I was blown away by a few of them!! It was really inspiring to read it when I did; if these women could write such masterpieces under the conditions they did, then I can manage to finish my homework! Lol.

Elysian Fields by Suzanne Johnson: I am really enjoying this series more and more each book! This was a fun read, and I needed it.

Witch by Barbara Michaels: And when I need the most comfort, I turn to Barbara Michaels. They are like a favorite pair of jeans, or a cup of tea. Perfect, comfortable, familiar. 


Reading This Week:

  

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens: This is our book club book this month, and I have to admit it is really freaking me out! 

Wait for What Will Come by Barbara Michaels: Another old friend.







16 comments:

  1. Yay! I love Barbara Michaels!! Have you tried her historical series under her real name Elizabeth Peters? I am a huge fan of both so it is nice to find another reader who enjoys her books :). My favorite by her is Be Buried in the Rain but I have a lot of her books left to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have read one or two Elizabeth Peters books - I will have to check them out! I really enjoy her books too, and I agree, its nice to find another fan! I just reread Be Buried in the Rain last week. I think my favorite might be..either the Georgetown series, or The Dancing Floor, but Be Buried in the Rain is up there. :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read the Chevy Stevens from your list. Enjoy all your reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's freaking me out big time!!! I am sort of mad at my friend for making me read it! Lol :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Still Missing when I read it. It's so disturbing but the author handled the subject matter brilliantly. I hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! It is so well written, but yet, so disturbing!! I can't put it down, even though it is scaring me. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh I really want to read 'The Heroine's Bookshelf', it looks amazing! Also, 3 books in a busy week is really good! Both of you current reads look really interesting! I hope you enjoy all of your reads :)
    My Monday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I read a chapter every day, and I found it so inspiring and interesting!! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed Still Missing last year. I have read Barbara Michaels a long time ago-- couldn't even tell you what titles offhand, but I do remember I liked her. Your Heroine's Bookshelf looks so interesting! Thanks for pointing out a new title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, but so terrifying! Lol. I am really glued to the pages though. :)

      The Heroine's Bookshelf was amazing!!

      Delete
  6. Still Missing looks pretty fabulous :) Hope its a good one!

    Happy reading this week! :) The Brunette Librarian's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared to be scared, but it is really really good. I wish I was reading it right now instead of working! Lol.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. New to me authors, but they all sound great. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the books you are showing are new to me. The Heroine's Bookshelf sounds great and Witch looks like a title I would enjoy to include on my reading time.

    Jess@Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those were really good, in different ways. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.