Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Night is Watching - Review

Title: The Night is Watching (Krewe of Hunters)
Author: Heather Graham
Source: NetGalley

Goodreads Summary:

The dead of nightThe Old West town of Lily, Arizona, is home to the Gilded Lily, a former theater…and bawdy house. These days, it offers theatrical productions geared to tourists, but the recent discovery of a skull, a real skull, among the props and costumes shakes everyone up.

So, who do you call? The Krewe of Hunters, a special FBI unit of paranormal investigators. In this case, it's agent Jane Everett. Jane's also a talented artist who creates images of the dead as they once were. But the Krewe always works with local law enforcement, and here that means Sloan Trent, former Houston cop and now sheriff. His great-great-grandmother was an actress at the Gilded Lily…and she's not resting in peace.

Then more remains appear in the nearby desert. As they search for answers, using all the skills at their disposal, Jane and Sloan find themselves falling into danger—and into love.



My thoughts:

I have read a majority of the titles in this series, and I have to say, I like this one the second best! Heart of Evil, the first in the series, remains my favorite.  However, I really liked this one!

This book takes place in Arizona, in a town similar to Tombstone, an old west ghost town.  This is not a setting where I usually read - I enjoyed the change up! But who couldn't love a book with cowboys, gold, a history of wild west shootouts, and outlaws?

The Night is Watching is a fun, entertaining book, with some crazy plot twists! I had no idea who the culprits were. I was just as shocked at finding out whodunit as I was when I was a  little girl watching Scooby Doo, and they pulled the mask off the bad guy.

This is definitely a book to pick up if you are looking for a quick read and a mystery with an ending you didn't see coming; a book to read on a sunny day with storm clouds gathering in the distance.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, Scooby Doo ;) Man do I miss those days! This isn't a genre that I usually read but I liked your review, so that counts for something right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It totally does!! :)

      I loved Scooby Doo, it was my favorite cartoon. I had a little Scooby Doo stuffed animal too, that I had for years and years.

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.