Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blog Catch-Up!





I have been away from this blog too long! I had the flu last week wicked bad, and I could not keep my eyes open for the first three days.  By last Saturday I was able to stay awake and sit up a little longer, but I still was feeling awful. I had a nice little pick me up Saturday though, when books I had won were delivered to my house.  I won the Dorothy Parker book from Librarything, and I won Crazy Enough from The Relentless Reader. I also won Brain on Fire from her as well, but my mom was over taking care of me, as she had done all week, so I told her to pick one of the books to borrow.  She read it over the rest of the weekend and she said it was amazing! I haven't gotten it back from her yet, but I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks Jennifer from Relentless Reader, it was a nice surprise while I was sick to get these!







Southern Literature Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader

I also was contacted by Jen from the Introverted Reader this week - I was one of the lucky winners of her Southern Literature Challenge!  She let me pick a book from the Book Depository, and I am looking forward to getting it and diving in. I picked a book by a new to me southern author. Thanks Jen from Introverted Reader!

I am planning on getting back on track this week with regular postings, and I also am thinking about participating in the Literary Giveaway Blog Hop hosted by Leeswamme. I have never participated in a blog hop so I am a little nervous to commit!

























3 comments:

  1. I just had a feeling it was something awful like the flu that kept you away. It's so good to see you back. I think I am going to do that blog hop too. It's my 2 year anniversary at my blog so I'm going to do a complete re-do plus give away something good. So good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! I think I will give the blog hop a go. :) And congrats on your anniversary!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you (and your mom) like the books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.