Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

  

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date!

Billy and I had a crazy work week last week! We both had a late night where we worked until 9-9:30. That is unusual for us. I personally had to print a file for work that was 7000 pages! Lol. It was huge and sooo much paper!! And, I got a paper cut and broke a nail. So it was a bit dangerous as well. Lol. With two late nights, it put me behind on my other stuff. Yuck. However, Billy did manage to paint our dining room this weekend. I love the change!! We went from an apple green that I picked out a million years ago, to a calming gray (Tsunami Sky - name not so calming.) I also had a new parent freak out! We bought the VOC free paint but I was still worried that the fumes would be too much for Wyatt, although there hardly were any. I ended up calling my aunt and uncle at 8:30 at night to see if they would take in two stragglers escaping their home, and they did, happily. I have such great family, truly. No questions asked, no worries - and when I got there my aunt had my little bed all set up for me. 

Read Last Week:

  

Two very different books, and I loved them both. Reviews soon. 

Reading This Week:

(clicking on cover should take you to Goodreads)


I started A Darkness Absolute and I love it so far. In fact as soon as I finish this, I am going to retreat to the couch, sip my coffee, and read a little more. And hope that I haven't jinxed myself and nap time!

Watching:

Alone, Drop Dead Diva, Emerald City, OA. I am still reserving judgement on those last two. Oh, and Veronica Mars (awesome show!!)








25 comments:

  1. How fun to change colors in a room. It's refreshing, yeah? 7K pages? That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't done anything new to our house in forever! It is a very refreshing change. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my possum socks. I love that yarn and hope to find it in other colorways during my next trip to San Jose.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that A Darkness Absolute is good. Can't wait! And Landline- cool! 7000 pages is kind of crazy lol. Hope this week is calmer... and yay for new paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this series! And the minute I sat down to read it, bub woke up. Lol. Oh well. Landline was good too - had some time travel in there! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read A Darkness Absolute. I hope you enjoy reading this week.

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a copy of The Bear and the Nightingale and I'm hopeful I'll like it too. I liked Landline but I prefer her YA books. I wonder if she'll have a new book soon. Eleanor & Park is still my favorite.

    I hope you have a better week this week with no late nights. The dining room color sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it. I felt like the structure/pacing was a bit off-balance but, something was weird, but I really enjoyed the story. I could have kept reading it!

      Eleanor and Park is my favorite too. I loved Landline but Eleanor and Park has my heart. Lol.

      Thanks Christina~

      Delete
  5. I love Rainbow Rowell, I'm keen to get my hands on a copy of Landline. Enjoy your books this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too. Landline was interesting because it is not YA, but still kind of had a YA feel. I liked Georgie a lot! :)

      Delete
  6. How many trees died for your work? I once remember printing out 6,000 pages for a training manual so I can imagine the size! I like the sound of your new paint. I'm going to look it up as I have a pink office at the moment and have since we moved into our new house a year ago. It needs to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I know. This is a very paper intensive job. They do recycle though so hopefully it makes up for some of it! I am glad that I only had to print it, not read it lol, that is my cousin's job.

      Tsunami Sky by Valspar. I love it! We got the Zero VOC version which was pricey but made me feel more comfortable with my little guy.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I'd have the patience to print out 7000 pages! I'm surprised you came away with just the one paper cut! So lovely of your aunt and uncle to take you on such short notice; we're constantly paranoid as parents!

    Looking forward to your reviews on both titles. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a book with me! It actually was like a small reading break, since I was there alone at night lol. I just had to feed the machine when it ran out.

      It was so great of them! We totally disrupted their evening/morning but they rolled with it.

      Thanks Jade!

      Delete
  8. 7000 pages! That sounds enormous. Ooh, fresh paint. I love little changes like that. It makes everything feel so new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed "The Bear and the Nightingale" too, as well as "Landline" when I read it a few years ago. I have a thing for books set in cold places so I'll definitely have to look up the Alaska book!

    Enjoy your new dining room paint -- gray is one of my favorite colors, especially for paint and clothes. (It matches everything!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read cold weather settings too, especially in winter!

      It does! I love grey. :)

      Delete
  10. I have been looking around thinking I should paint and then sitting down until the urge goes away. I don't mind painting but am not strong enough to move the furniture that needs to be moved. I loved A Darkness Absolute and can't wait for the next book in the series. You can see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ~ I am like that with organizing or getting rid of things! I have a hard time letting go of my stuff. I am glad to hear that you liked A Darkness Absolute so much! I'm hoping to read it tomorrow during little man's nap time. :)

      Delete
  11. I don't know what Sucktown, Alaska is about, but that title makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know right!!! It is definitely one of the reasons I requested it. That and that it is set in Alaska. :)

      Delete
  12. I've read most of Rowell's other books, but I haven't tried Landline yet. I must remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it!I love Rowell. It seems like she should be coming out with a new book soon!

      Delete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.