Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Sunday Post/It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

Check out the The Caffeinated Book Review for the Sunday Post
It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey - while she is on break you can share your post by tweeting with the hashtag #IMWAYR

Summer is sure flying by this year!! We had our first real, officially hot summer weather this weekend. I am not a super fan of hot weather, but it was nice to have something other than rain! I have been dreaming about going up north for weeks now ~ it is not going to happen this year, but I already have a trip planned for next year! 

Read Last Week:

Unfortunately, my homework schedule was killer last week so I didn't get much time to pleasure read. This 7 week class is kind of kicking my butt with its workload! I guess the good thing is that it is almost over! I am actually really enjoying my Astronomy class; it is for non-math majors which makes it pretty fun, no crazy math equations for me!

Reading This Week:

A mixture of these two. 

  

Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews: I love this author ~ her books are definitely feel-good books for me. The last two books I read were kind of dark and gritty, so it is nice to have something lighthearted. 

The Library at Mount Char: One of these days, I promise I will read all of it. I am just reading it slowly. Lol. 

Posted Last Week:



Watching:

Astronauts Wives Club and Wayward Pines are still at the top of our list. We also watched Secrets and Lies, Broadchurch and The Island on Hulu ~ loved them all! We ended up cutting our cable cord a few weeks ago, and after some adjustment, we don't seem to miss it!

In Other News:

One of my best friends wrote a book!It is called Screw Up and is an erotic novel. I say novel because it is not your run of the mill smut book. It actually has a deeper plot, and the main character is a take no prisoners independent woman. The writing is very well done and the book itself is clever, witty and laugh out loud funny at times! I am super proud of her - I know how much blood, sweat, and tears she put into the writing of this book. 

How about you? What have you been up to?

12 comments:

  1. We had some hot weather yesterday (90s) and it was nice to have a break from the rain although we are supposed to get heavy thunderstorms and downpours later today. Yuck!

    I really liked Beach Town. I enjoy Mary Higgins Clark's books too and it is nice to take a break from dark books!

    I forgot about The Astronaut Wives Club. I meant to check that show out. The first episodes are probably not on Hulu anymore. Darn! Oh, well. I have been trying to read more because I watch a lot of TV during the fall, winter and spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck!! Hopefully the storms pass through quickly. :)

      I am soo excited about Beach Town!!

      We are watching more tv this summer than any other - I think its a combo of Wyatt and the weather lol.

      Delete
  2. I wish I read erotica-- I would've read it to support your pal, but sorry, not in the cards for me.
    I hope you do get to take that trip up north with the family next year. Wyatt will be at an age when he will enjoy the wonder of the new environment.
    Thanks for the quick book reviews this past week, very helpful. Enjoy this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that is ok Rita! I know it is not everyone's cup of tea. :) I don't usually read it either. :)

      I am really excited about the trip - two of my friends and my sister-in-law are having babies in the next six weeks, and our babies will be so close in age. We are all going to take a trip up north to Lake Huron next summer. It will be fun!

      Have a great one too!

      Delete
  3. I need to get caught up on Wayward Pines, I have both the books and the show to catch up on!

    Have a great week!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read the books, although I do want to! I love the show, so the books have to be that much better!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how quickly this summer is going. Good grief! We haven't been up north yet either, which is unusual, although we've camped a bit. I always liked astronomy, how fun, but I wasn't good at math so I never really took a class in it- nice they have one for non math majors.

    Beach Town looks like a nice summery read. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer is flying by too quickly! I just pinned a bunch of pins about camping with a baby/toddler - I feel it is in our future. I am not a huge camper but my husband loves it. Usually I leave it to him and the guys but it will be fun to take Wyatt. :)

      I am a terrible math student - this class is perfect since it just hints at a bit of math without actually making us do it. Lol.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. It's getting very hot here now, averaging close to 100, and still not the hottest part of summer, so most of my time outdoors is in the pool. Mount Char looks good. I hope you enjoy it. And congrats to your friend and her new book!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/19/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-117-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm keen to watch Wayward Pines but did I just see it's been axed? I might be wrong!

    I love the cover of The Library at Mount Char!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While you're having your really hot weather finally, we in NSW are being buffeted by one of the coldest winters in living memory. All my family out west, had snow falls this week, while we in Sydney just had the chilly winds blowing in off it :-/

    The only good thing about extremes of weather - is that they are perfect for staying indoors and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't that hot weather nice? I need 90 degree days in summer in order to make it through those crazy winters! Hopefully we get a few more days like that this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.