Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Sweep Series - A Review

Title:  Sweep Series 
Author:  Cate Tiernan
Source: Nook

I read this series back to back to back until I was finished; because I was sick and the books were very short, I finished the 15 book series in just a few days. My husband was kind enough to download them all to the Nook for me, so I could just keep reading.  Which is good, since they all end on a cliffhanger.


Morgan Rowlands led an ordinary teenage girl life, until her 16th year, when she learns a few things that change her world forever.  Cal is the new guy in town, who sets up his coven, which includes Morgan and her two friends.  Morgan soon learns that she is a powerful witch, and to be a witch, her parents must be witches too.  Except they aren't.  And either is her sister.  Pretty quickly Morgan learns she is adopted, and that her birth mother was murdered.  Her parents also forbid her from anything having to do with magic.  She also meets Hunter, a witch who is like a magic policeman, and travels around stopping witches from misusing magic.    


From this point on in the series, a ton happens; Morgan falls in love twice, is betrayed,  is almost murdered a few times, saves her town from a black wave, finds she has a half-brother, meets her birth father,  and finally, eventually, seems to have a happy ending.  I don't want to reveal too much, I don't want to give too much away, but I like the guy she ends up with much better than the first. The fifteenth book is weird, to be honest, and deals with an adult Morgan and her daughter.  I didn't care for it at all.  I didn't need a huge flash forward into Morgan's future. 


This series was a pretty easy read for me; it is Young Adult Fiction, but I went witch crazy in October, reading all kinds of witchy books.  I can see the right age group really enjoying these books; I know that if I had read them in middle school I would have loved them! They have an easy flow, a fun story line (what teenage girl doesn't want to find out she has supernatural powers and have two good-looking guys want to date her?), and they are relatively short.  I think this series is perfect for its intended audience.

2 comments:

  1. This series was such a guilty pleasure for me :-) I feel like more people should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it too, and agree, it was a guilty pleasure- and perfect for while I was sick in bed!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people, don't be shy! I would love to hear what you think! I always reply back, although it takes me a bit longer these days due to the little guy.